Why join the CrowdCharge team?
CrowdCharge is a technology business at the cutting edge of the energy and electric vehicle sector. We are leaders on a worldwide stage in the vehicle to grid space. We develop solutions to help EVs be part of making better use of renewable energy, delivering greener, cheaper energy to EV users.
If you are looking to make a difference in the way we use energy then this is a great place to be!
We’re now hiring…
Cloud Software Engineer
Marlow, Buckinghamshire, UK
We are seeking a Cloud Software Engineer – fluent in AWS and Java or ideally Kotlin – who enjoys technical challenges within a fast-paced environment, can successfully execute development tasks, meet deadlines, and communicate the highest standards of professionalism.
The successful candidate should be comfortable collaborating with other people in the business to ensure acceptance criteria are understood for every component being built and to productionise proof of concept code to ensure that they are working to well defined requirements and ultimately that a world class service is provided to our customers.
- Work with other developers (pair programming at times) to build and deploy software to support research based projects, ensure that software to support the product is sufficiently documented technically, provide accurate estimates and have an attitude to proactively continuously improve.
- Be aware of Agile methodologies, be able to contribute to defining non-functional priorities on the roadmap and breakdown tasks to support broader planning of releases.
- Maintain a regular focus on quality, repeatable, robust processes that support delivery of excellent service to our customers.
- Contribute to Product Definition and identify architectural areas for improvement.
- Evolve existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed to achieve security, reliability & efficiency targets.
- Collaborate with any virtual teams of suppliers and contractors in various geographical locations.
- Organise & implement deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules.
- Contribute to prioritising a software development plan that meets the future needs of our clients and markets, based on state-of‐the‐art technologies
- Mentor more junior developers to help resolve technical problems
- Provide on-call support as and when required
Key technical competencies
- Experience with AWS and Terraform/CloudFormation
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in Java/Kotlin programming & application server software development
- Relevant experience with Spring Boot, web services, SOAP, REST, JSON/XML etc.
- Understanding of relational databases (ideally PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices